Visiting Palazzo San Giorgio
Historically, Palazzo San Giorgio is not open to the public. It has been the seat of the Autonomous Port Consortium since 1903, of the Port Authority of Genoa since 1994, the year of the port reform law, and of the Western Ligurian Sea Port System Authority since 2016. The building has always been the seat of the port administration and has been open to the public only on the occasion of events connected to it.
Since the autumn of 2017, thanks to a memorandum of understanding between the System Authority and FAI – Fondo Ambiente Italiano (Italian Environmental Fund), as well as tours conducted directly by specialised Port System Authority staff, visitors have the opportunity to visit Palazzo San Giorgio on Saturday mornings, following a pre-established schedule.
Tours are free of charge subject to reservation and availability of tickets.